More than 30 tools are now available for Windows and Mac that enable users to complete tasks with a single click – from Drive Cleaning, to Presentation Mode, and Screen Recording
Parallels® ( www.parallels.com/about ), a global leader in cross-platform solutions and creator of the No. 1-selling software for running Windows® applications on a Mac®, today launched Parallels Desktop® 13 for Mac ( www.parallels.com/desktop ), which provides macOS High Sierra readiness and support for upcoming Windows 10 features. Bringing together the best of both worlds, Parallels Desktop 13 makes it simple for MacBook Pro users to add Windows applications to the Touch Bar, and use Touch Bar within Windows applications. It is also the first solution to bring the upcoming Windows 10 People Bar feature to the Mac – including integration with the Mac Dock and Spotlight. The new version also features up-to 100 percent performance improvements for completing certain tasks.
“This year, for the first time ever, we are bringing the two hottest features from Mac and Windows into one place via Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac,” said Jack Zubarev, Parallels president. “This new release delivers our best-ever Windows on Mac performance, plus innovative and useful new features and tools to help users get more done quickly and efficiently.”
With a single mouse click, the Parallels Installation Assistant will automatically install Windows 10 into a virtual machine (VM), which can be purchased at a later date without losing data or installed applications, making getting started in Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac simpler than ever. It also enables users to purchase and automatically install Windows 10 from Microsoft, add an existing copy of Windows, and simply move their PC to their Mac. From the beginning, users can choose to make Windows look like a PC (Full Screen) or make Windows invisible (Coherence mode), while launching Windows apps from the Mac Dock, Launch Pad or Windows Start Menu, enabling users to tailor the experience to their liking.
More than 30 Single-click Utilities for Windows and Mac:
New and popular utilities include:
- Clean Drive – easily free up disk space
- Presentation Mode – Prevent embarrassing notifications, desktop reveals of personal files, and screen saver lockout delays during the presentation – in just one click. (Mac only)
- Download Video – In just one click, download video from YouTube, Facebook and other websites so you can enjoy watching it anytime
- Find Duplicates – Search any drive or folder to quickly find identical files (even with different names), and free up disc space
- Record Screen – Capture video of your entire screen, a window or select area – which can include audio from your computer microphone – in one click.